911!

There's a fire!  After dinner the students were washing dishes and others were engaged in other activities.  I sat on the verandah trying to access the Internet.  I noticed what I thought was the glow of the sunset. The thought of taking a picture was on my mind but I was about to be connected with the illusive Internet.  Suddenly I heard the unmistakable sound of fire eating dried grass, brush, and trees.  Zambians are notorious for burning but this was a little too much and way too close to one of our thatched roof houses.  What a sight! Everyone was scrambling and some were near panic.  The students started brining buckets of water to fight the fire.  I wonder if the one Zambian man who initiated the burn was glad for our help. PS I'm trying to figure out how to post pictures. More to come!

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Powered by Blogger.

I am a school-based Speech-Language Pathologist with 36 years of experience and I am about to embark on the experience of a lifetime!

Followers


Recent Comments