Typical day

One of my favorite times of the day is sitting on the verandah in the early morning drinking coffee, checking my e-mail &reading and writing.  The time I like least is after dinner because there's not much to do. We usually talk and plan. It gets very dark and seems very late but it's only 6:30! I usually spend my time reading and writing. And, I am usually exhausted. Some of us supervisors try to leave the students to themselves at night as they play games or cards.  Sometimes Webster, one of the night watchmen, teaches the students songs in Tongan.  It's truly a win-win: Webster wants to be a choir director, and the students are eager to learn.  One night they practiced on our porch. I felt that I was being serenaded. Beautiful music! 

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Powered by Blogger.

I am a school-based Speech-Language Pathologist with 36 years of experience and I am about to embark on the experience of a lifetime!

Followers


Recent Comments