Church

This is the second Sunday we have attended the church here.  I don't know how many the church seats, but it's full -- Sunday morning and  especially Sunday night. My conservative guess 200, mostly young people. I've never been around so much singing! I'm amazed at the number of songs that are sung in each service - about 15, not counting the songs that are sung twice!

Then there's the preaching.  Unfortunately, I only understand  about one of every eighth word, so comprehension is marginal at best.  Tonight I thought I was hearing  the word, "sparrow" over and over.  I later discovered the word was "inspiring".  Kind of messed up the message.

During the prayer, the people don't just continue siting upright and bow their heads, they bow their upper torso. This makes us white people really stand out. 
During the alter call one young man stepped up and went on stage.  "The Old Man", Mr. Merritt, went up onto the stage and quietly talked with him, then offered a prayer for the safety of the young man's family. I wish I knew the story. 

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Powered by Blogger.

I am a school-based Speech-Language Pathologist with 36 years of experience and I am about to embark on the experience of a lifetime!

Followers


Recent Comments