Leah

Yesterday I worked with Leah.  Up until now she was a somber child...at least with our group. We sat in a circle facing each other singing songs, playing and talking. I decided to pick her up, put her on my knees and "get in her face".  She watched intently as I produced reduplicated syllables and non-speech sounds like "blowing raspberries". She seemed to like it. When I repositioned her to face the group of clinicians and her peers, she clearly indicated she wanted face to face time. So that's what she got! And, lo and behold, a smile then a giggle, then more and more. Happy Day! Smile! Imitation! A positive response! As Carla would say, "Now, THAT'S what I'm talkin' 'bout, girlfriend!"

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Powered by Blogger.

I am a school-based Speech-Language Pathologist with 36 years of experience and I am about to embark on the experience of a lifetime!

Followers


Recent Comments