June 1, 2012

Today is our granddaughter's first birthday! I am a little sad that I won't be there to celebrate (and see her little brother...yes, she really DOES have a little brother 11 mo apart!). While here at the Namwianga mission I have thought of her often.  I have also thought of how fortunate I have been to have been blessed with a rich childhood.  I say "rich" because the words, the language, the experiences, the constant love and support  our parents gave  my brothers and me was more than enough. The same is true for my husband.   How lucky, we are. So what an inheratance! I am now witnessing "the richness" in our grandchildren.  I feel so much pride when I watch our son interact with his daughter. I don't tell him much. I don't have to.  And I couldn't ask for a better daughter-in-law. She is such a natural, so carefree, happy, and spontaneous.  She has also been blessed with a wonderful, supportive family. What blessings!  So, Mary-Katherine, a very happy birthday! And, on this day and every day, "You is kind. You is smart. You is important." Much love, MeeMe

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Powered by Blogger.

I am a school-based Speech-Language Pathologist with 36 years of experience and I am about to embark on the experience of a lifetime!

Followers


Recent Comments