Chitenge

  Last Sunday I thought I'd dress up, so I wore a Chitenge  (and, yes, I wore leggings underneath. Chitenge is traditional dress for women in Africa. It is simply a piece of fabric wrapped around the waist and tied. So, "when in Rome..." I bought several pieces of colorful fabric in the village and selected one to wear on Sunday. And I wore it proudly. I've worn a Chitenge every day.  One day while at work at The Havens it almost fell off so I asked one of the Aunties to tie it for me.  As she began tying she realized I'm not as thin as she thought, so she had to tie it differently. I started teasing her and laughing. The other Aunties watched and laughed as I clowned around. I pretended to be Scarlet in GWTW. I couldn't breathe very well & I walked,like a Chinese woman. I enjoyed sharing the laughter.  I am so ready for pants! 

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Powered by Blogger.

I am a school-based Speech-Language Pathologist with 36 years of experience and I am about to embark on the experience of a lifetime!

Followers


Recent Comments